|Home Contacts Structure Clinic of MHRC "Psychiatry" journal History Activities Russian Version||
Department of adolescent psychiatry
Nataliya Alexandrovna Mazaeva is the head of the clinical department of adolescent psychiatry, doctor of medical sciences, professor. In 1970 she upheld her PhD thesis “Personality changes in periodic schizophrenia”, in 1983 - her doctoral thesis was devoted to “Latent schizophrenia (statics and dynamics)”. Her scientific interests involve borderline psychiatric pathology, schizoidia, masked forms of endogenous diseases, specific features of psychopathology and the clinical course of mental disorders in adolescency, the role of social and environmental factors in compensation/decompensation of mental states of adolescency; prognostic criteria of early disability; clinical and follow-up assessment of endoform mental disorders in adolescents, initial signs of mental disorders in adolescency. She published 84 scientific papers. She was a scientific supervisor of 7 PhD's and 1 doctoral thesis. N.A. Mazaeva takes part in the constantly operating seminar “Modern aspects of clinical, expert and social problems of adolescency and youth psychiatry”, she is a member of the Problem Commission “Mental Health of Children, Adolescents, and Youth” of the Inter-Institutional Scientific Council on Mental Health Problems of RAMS, the Ministry of Health of the Russian Federation. She also participated in the activities of the Consultative Council of the Ministry of Health of the Russian Federation on the problems of mental healthcare of children.
The Department was formed in 1998, on the basis of a clinical unit of medical and rehabilitation care, which became an independent structural unit in 1982-83, when the MHRC RAMS was being organized. The Department works in out-patient and in-patient structures of municipal healthcare system of Moscow (psychoneurological out-patient centre #21, municipal policlinic, Multimedical Out-patient Centre for Adolescency in the Municipal Clinical Psychiatric Hospital #15).
The Department is staffed with 10 research fellows and 4 psychiatrists.
Scope of research activities of the Department:
1. Determination and assessment of spectrum of psychopathological disorders observed in adolescency, in comparative nosological and age-related aspects.
2. Clinical and follow-up assessment of endoform mental pathology of adolescence, criteria of its clinical and nosological differentiation.
3. Evaluation of the role of social and environmental impact on clinical compensation / decompensation of adolescents with mental abnormalities.
4. Evaluation of the phenomenon of school maladaptation in adolescents with mental disorders and its predisposing factors.
5. Optimization of out-patient treatment of adolescents with mental pathology. Elaboration of a rehabilitation system aimed at their resocialization.